Let's face it - lists are fun, easy to read, and a good way to get information. These 11 sites focus on lists, and that's it. No muss, no fuss....just lists of everything under the sun.
Genre: Random, Tech, Life Hacks, Apple, Videos, Aggregator
Of course we're on the list. That's all we do here is post lists. We're a new site, but we've been gaining steam with posts like Led Zeppelin: Innovators or Plagiarists? Audio of 8 Songs Proving They Might Be the Best Cover Band of All Time, 6 Disney Secrets You’ll Wish You Never Read, and 15 Websites Destroying “Web 2.0″ - in a Great Way. We have a mix of original lists, and popular lists from across the web. We're a list aggregator of sorts, but it's all done manually, so I can't add them all. I do my best to find interesting content that readers will enjoy.
- 7 Simple Self-Defense Tricks
- 30+ Must-Have Updated Firefox 3 Extensions
- 24 Unforgettable Advertisements
- Six Surprising Consequences of a Restless Night
2. The List Universe
Genre: Random, Your View
The granddaddy of all list sites. The List Universe is a year old today, and has come very far in its first year. Their site was featured on the BBC, has climbed to the number 11,634 spot on Alexa, and has lists with over a thousand comments. Pretty damn impressive. Happy Birthday List Universe!
- 9 Extraordinary Human Abilities
- Top 20 George Carlin Quotes
- Top 15 Strange Religious Candies
- Top 10 Significant Moments in the First Year of Listverse
3. Make Use of
Genre: Mostly Tech
I LOVE this site. I have pulled a few lists off this site for Listropolis in the past, and you're guaranteed to find something you'll like here. It doesn't have the same formula as most of the list sites here, but it definitely belongs here. Also worth mentioning about MakeUseof is their Recommended Lists page.
- Google Gadgets To Download For The Fun Of It!
- Cool Websites and Tools (edition #153)
- Making Use Of Some Bookmarklets
- Make Money Online From Your Humorous Pet Video
4. Lists of Bests
Genre: Best of, Random
Lists of Bests has the usual roundup of lists, but it offers the readers a chance to create a list of their favorite products, places, people, goals, food, etc. Readers can also mark off your progress on an existing list, and compare their progress on a list with someone else. The lists are categorized, and the site has a very simple structure for easy reading. It's a very interesting place to find information, and participate in list building.
- top 10 british and american classics
- 21 Things To Do Before You're 21
- 501 Must-Visit Destinations
- Wizard Magazine's Top 100 Trade Paperbacks of All Time
5. Lists Galore
This is a new one to me. Lists Galore has an interesting way of picking a topic, and listing other lists about the topic. For example, a recent post, Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, gives links to other sites that have links about robots. The site has a nice layout, and many interesting lists.
- I need a vacation!
- 18 logos gone wrong
- Kid stuff
- 101 things to do when you're bored
6. OMG Lists
Genre: Pop Culture
OMG Lists is just fun. Tons of lists devoted to pop culture makes OMG Lists a great addition to your feed reader.
- 6 Celebrity Endorsements that Make No Sense
- 7 Stupid Accessories that Will Suckify Your Ride
- 7 Hit Shows that Started in the Summer
- The 7 Sweetest Fictional Summercamps
Genre: Random, Entertainment, Health, Aggregator
Listanity has a nice magazine style layout that makes it a pleasure to read. The site updates regularly, and has some of the best lists I've ever seen. The lists are pulled from a variety of sites, making it a one-stop-shop for all your list needs.
- All The Best Tips on Getting In Shape, In One Handy List
- The 25 Best Action Heroines of All Time
- 7 Sites Redone, If Girls Ruled the Internet Instead of Boys
- 10 of the World’s Most Amazing 3D Graffiti Artists
8. Top Five
Genre: Best of, Humor
Forget that TopFive looks straight out of 1999. It's lists are some of the best around. The site has a ton of lists, and throws in a good deal of humor to balance everything else. As their site states, they were chosen first alternate on the 2008 Olympic List Team! How can you argue with that?
- The Top 17 Songs on the New Guns N' Roses Album
- The Top 18 Signs You Need a New Car
- The Top 33 Phrases You Can't Say on TV
- The Top 15 Outsourced Newspaper Headlines From India
Heheli is dedicated to lists about health. It's a refreshing change from the normal list sites, and can be used as a daily motivator.
- 20 Well Known Cooking Ingredients that Act Like Medicines
- 5 Things You Never Thought Are Healthy
- 5 Popular Health Controversies
- Human Rights - The Short List of Planet Health
10. Google Trends
Genre: Top Stories, News, Pop Culture
Google Trends isn't a blog, but it's a great (guess that's debatable) list of what's hot on Google. They provide insights into broad search patterns, and want you to keep in mind that several approximations are used when computing these results.
- frank gifford
- cody gifford
- secret life of the american teenager
Genre: Popular, News, Lists, Images, Stories, Aggregator
Oh how I love thee popurls®. Self-proclaimed "Premium aggregator to the best of the web," the site does not disappoint. They show a "Popular Today" section at the top of the page, followed by a list of the top links from some of the most popular websites on the web. We come here daily for inspiration for Listropolis.
- California to Legalize Weed for Everyone
- 25 Absolute Essentials for Networking Success
- AT&T announces iPhone 3G pricing plans
- Improved Flash Indexing
These sites are what I consider the best list sites around. If you know of any other list sites that deserve to be here, tell us about it in the comments section.